Do you keep a journal? Sitting down with paper–perhaps in the form of a nicely-bound book–and a pen can be a great way to unwind, relax, and clear one’s head. Today give yourself time to reflect and write a journal entry. It’s for your eyes only, so don’t get caught up in writing well. Just write.
If you don’t know where to start, use one of these prompts:
- Your most vivid memories from this past summer
- An amazing meal you ate recently, and who you shared it with
- What you’re hoping the upcoming holiday season will be like (and what you can do to make it happen)
- Your childhood career aspirations and how they resemble or differ from what you do now
- What you like or dislike about your neighborhood
- Your favorite place in the world