*Guest post by Lesley Ann McDaniel* Every hero needs an Achilles’ heel. But what exactly does that mean? In one of my current manuscripts, the hero gets an opportunity to rescue the heroine in the climax of the book. What kind of hero would he be if he didn’t, right? Since the story takes place […]
Sometimes neighborhood coffee shops are our favorite places for writing, as they tend to have a familial ...
*Guest post by Lynnette Bonner* Let’s face it. We’re all busy. Most of us writers have that ...
One of my favorite means of finding inspiration is talking to other writers. Nothing shakes off the ...
A beautiful spring here in Seattle has beckoned us to explore sunny nooks and relish pre-summer trips. ...
We’ll be honest. Sometimes as writers we just need to get together and hang out. To catch ...
How to use Daily Writers’ Fix Monday: Sight Don’t always rush to delete the outtakes. Stop for ...
What are the things on your to-do list that you keep telling yourself you’ll get around to ...
How to use Daily Writers’ Fix Monday: Sight What’s at the end of the road? Tuesday: Smell How does the season further set the stage for the action happening in your story? Wednesday: Sound How far will your character travel? Thursday: Touch Capture a sense of springtime through one of the lesser-likely senses, touch. Friday: […]
All writers learn from those who have come before. In my case, I am blessed with a circle of friends who are successful in their writing right now and have books coming out soon. Part of me celebrates with them and the other part wants to learn from them. Lucky for you, we’ll be doing […]
Hi friends, I hope this morning equals sunny skies and a warm pot of coffee for you. Or, if it doesn’t, that at least you can savor the coziness of cuddling up with a sweatshirt at your desk with a hot cup of tea while listening to the rain pound on your windows. This week’s […]
Prolific journalist, film critic and screen writer Roger Ebert died yesterday. Whether you agreed with his reviews or not, somehow we all wanted to know what he thought about the movies we loved. He’s the reason “two thumbs up” is a staple phrase in American culture. What made him unique for his time was how […]
Here at Nooks & Cranberries our motto is that “there are plenty of reasons not to write, but we’re here to ensure that a lack of creativity isn’t one of them.” Lately I’ve had plenty of creativity, but what has kept me from finishing the many projects that I’ve started is fear. It’s a silly […]
It’s a pretty exciting week for food bloggers. In the past week two of my favorites have announced book deals! Last Thursday, Hannah Queen told her readers over at Honey & Jam that she is now working on writing and photographing a cookbook of cake recipes, tentatively called Farm to Cake (Spring 2015, Stewart, Tabori & […]
- Writer’s Kitchen: Homemade Marshmallows October 21, 2010
- How to Give Your Character an Achilles’ Heel April 18, 2013
- How to Schedule Writing Appointments… and Keep Them! February 27, 2011
- 4 ways to keep your 2011 writing goals January 3, 2011
- Destination Inspiration: Caffe Fiore May 28, 2013
- From the Pros: Tips for Productivity May 23, 2013
- Reaching Out for Inspiration May 9, 2013
- A Productive April May 2, 2013
- Ali: As a regular here, I strongly recommend the 'verd...
- Destination Inspiration: Crux Fermentation Project | Nooks & Cranberries: [...] They have food too but we had just come from...
- cheap nike on sale: This one website is great. When I enjoy them....
- A Productive April | Nooks & Cranberries: [...] advice and encouragement from successful a...
About Nooks & Cranberries
Photos on flickr
Find Us on Facebook
Follow @nooksandcran on Twitter