It’s a pretty exciting week for food bloggers. In the past week two of my favorites have announced book deals! Last Thursday, Hannah Queen told her readers over at Honey & Jam that she is now working on writing and photographing a cookbook of cake recipes, tentatively called Farm to Cake (Spring 2015, Stewart, Tabori & [...]
Tag Archives | Recipes
Yesterday we covered last-minute host/hostess gifts, and today we have the answer to what to bring to a potluck when you’re strapped for time (perfect for when you’re on deadline!). Served with baguette slices and endive leaves, a Caesar salad-flavored dip will be a hit. And who wouldn’t enjoy the salty, briny flavors of baked [...]
Who really thinks of baking a cake at 9:15 p.m. on the first day of NaNoWriMo? Me! I made it to 1,736 words the morning of November 1–which exceeded the necessary daily average word count by 69–so maybe it was no big deal. But considering some days will be too busy to write at all, [...]
We may have had a mild summer here in Seattle, but these sunny, mild October days almost make up for it. I’ve only had to wear a coat on one or two occasions so far and am still in the transition phase of my wardrobe. However, the mornings are getting crisper and starting to bring [...]
My book group starts in just two hours and I have a delicious tarte Tatin in progress. However, I got to thinking, if I was low on time and still wanted to offer hospitality with some homemade baked goods, some Scandinavian coconut cookies would be a great alternative to a French tart. With just four [...]
Earnest Hemingway didn’t like to talk about writing. Fearing that talking about it would remove the magic, he chose to let the ideas and stories percolate in his subconscious after a day’s work. However, what worked for Hemingway doesn’t work for everybody. Personally, sharing the writing process and experience with Sarah creates inspiration in itself. [...]
- Writer’s Kitchen: Homemade Marshmallows October 21, 2010
- How to Schedule Writing Appointments… and Keep Them! February 27, 2011
- How to Give Your Character an Achilles’ Heel April 18, 2013
- 4 ways to keep your 2011 writing goals January 3, 2011
- From the Pros: Tips for Productivity May 23, 2013
- Reaching Out for Inspiration May 9, 2013
- A Productive April May 2, 2013
- Destination Inspiration: Phinney Market Pub & Eatery April 30, 2013
- Lesley McDaniel: It's really fun to see how knowing this about you...
- Lesley McDaniel: Thanks, Laurel! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's go...
- allison: Great post Lesley. You have forced me to evaluate...
- Laurel: Good advice for writers, and good information for ...
About Nooks & Cranberries
Photos on flickr
Find Us on Facebook
Follow @nooksandcran on Twitter