Have you ever had so many things to do that you didn’t know where to start? Lately that’s been happening to me in terms of writing. I’ve had so many ideas swirling in my head that I just didn’t know what to write down first! I felt literally paralyzed. Earlier this week I decided to [...]
I suspect we all have some strange snack habits, those food combinations we make when we’re feeding just ourselves and want something nourishing created for our palate alone, and in a matter of minutes. That was my experience during a recent afternoon writing session. With my husband at work and my son asleep for what [...]
When you’re hard at work as a writer–an often-solitary profession–it’s important to get out sometimes and treat yourself to a good meal with friends. So on our recent trip to Walla Walla, we made sure to have some good, serious foodie fun amidst all the work we were over there doing. For a historic taste [...]
I hope you’ve been enjoying Daily Writers’ Fix these past few months and that they’ve inspired you to get writing. This week I’m encouraging you to stretch your imagination with Daily Writers’ Fix: Photo Week. Each day this week features a photo, sometimes with one of the five senses but without additional prompts. Use those [...]
Hollywood releases dozens of movies based on books each year, but lately the theaters seem to be brimming with films based on the classics. Some movies to look forward to in the near future include Les Miserables (12/25), The Hobbit (12/14), Anna Karenina (11/16), and The Great Gatsby (summer 2013). Our book club is reading The Hobbit in [...]
Old radio shows, love of mysteries, classic movies, over-sized cozy sweaters, drinking tea from a fine china cup, card games, knitting, a good book, antiques, an overall appreciation of vintage things…all symptoms that I might have been born in the wrong era. It was a late night many years ago. I had the radio on [...]
I know, I know, it’s probably a bit early to be talking about Christmas. After all, Halloween is just barely behind us, and Thanksgiving is still weeks away. However, one of the jobs of a blogger is to get you thinking about ideas in advance, right? In that case, I’d like to start talking about [...]
- Writer’s Kitchen: Homemade Marshmallows October 21, 2010
- How to Give Your Character an Achilles’ Heel April 18, 2013
- How to Schedule Writing Appointments… and Keep Them! February 27, 2011
- 4 ways to keep your 2011 writing goals January 3, 2011
- Reaching Out for Inspiration May 9, 2013
- A Productive April May 2, 2013
- Destination Inspiration: Phinney Market Pub & Eatery April 30, 2013
- Daily Writer’s Fix: April 29-May 3 April 29, 2013
- Lesley McDaniel: It's really fun to see how knowing this about you...
- Lesley McDaniel: Thanks, Laurel! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's go...
- allison: Great post Lesley. You have forced me to evaluate...
- Laurel: Good advice for writers, and good information for ...
About Nooks & Cranberries
Photos on flickr
Find Us on Facebook
Follow @nooksandcran on Twitter