I’m sitting at the desk in the room that is slowly being transformed into my office and writing studio. Until a week ago, boxes and papers were scattered around, looking like a tornado had swept through. But that’s how organization works sometimes, isn’t it? In order to see what you have to organize, you have [...]
Archive | Home Writing Nooks RSS feed for this section
Along with establishing new habits to help keep your writing goals, the beginning of a new year is a good time to give your writing space a makeover. Whether your Home Writing Nook is a corner of the living room or an entire office, the way you use your space can either interfere with your [...]
Inspiration can happen anywhere if you know how to seek it–or create it. That’s what our series on Home Writing Nooks is all about. Whether you have space to create a masculine writing studio like Hemingway’s or your studio consists of your desk, how you decorate and the items you allow in that space can [...]
Here at Nooks & Cranberries, we’re all about finding inspiration in the world around us, whether we’re at one of Seattle’s many wonderful cafes, bakeries, or bars, an inviting hotel lobby, or even out in the great outdoors. One of the secrets to writing is being able to find inspiration wherever you are. And that [...]
I’ve been thinking about writing spaces lately. Not just Destination Inspiration–the nooks we seek out in the world around us–but the creative spaces we set up at home. Emily, the full-time blogger behind Cupcakes and Cashmere, recently shared her newly redesigned home office space. Streamlined to include the only essentials, Emily acknowledged that certain cherished [...]
- Writer’s Kitchen: Homemade Marshmallows October 21, 2010
- How to Give Your Character an Achilles’ Heel April 18, 2013
- How to Schedule Writing Appointments… and Keep Them! February 27, 2011
- 4 ways to keep your 2011 writing goals January 3, 2011
- Reaching Out for Inspiration May 9, 2013
- A Productive April May 2, 2013
- Destination Inspiration: Phinney Market Pub & Eatery April 30, 2013
- Daily Writer’s Fix: April 29-May 3 April 29, 2013
- Lesley McDaniel: It's really fun to see how knowing this about you...
- Lesley McDaniel: Thanks, Laurel! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's go...
- allison: Great post Lesley. You have forced me to evaluate...
- Laurel: Good advice for writers, and good information for ...
About Nooks & Cranberries
Photos on flickr
Find Us on Facebook
Follow @nooksandcran on Twitter