Forget spring cleaning. I’m doing a pre-Christmas sweep of the house, trying to organize the odds and ends and simplify as much as possible. Tonight that means sorting through old papers, filing some and disposing of others. It’s tedious and I’m looking forward to it being over. But in the meantime, here are the three [...]
Archive | December, 2010
On December afternoons, while trimming the tree, doesn’t it sound nice to have a pot of wassail simmering on the stove, filling the house with its aromas of citrus and spice? This has been one of those lovely late-fall Seattle weekends: fair, sunny weather, tree lots bustling but not yet chaotic, and plenty of cars [...]
Dear fellow writers, What a lovely autumn we’ve had here in Seattle: long sunny days, brisk yet bright mornings, and finally even a little early snow! I hope you’ve enjoyed the daily inspiration with our Daily Writers’ Fix posts. Now that December and the holiday season is upon us, I’m going to take a break [...]
- Writer’s Kitchen: Homemade Marshmallows October 21, 2010
- How to Give Your Character an Achilles’ Heel April 18, 2013
- How to Schedule Writing Appointments… and Keep Them! February 27, 2011
- 4 ways to keep your 2011 writing goals January 3, 2011
- Reaching Out for Inspiration May 9, 2013
- A Productive April May 2, 2013
- Destination Inspiration: Phinney Market Pub & Eatery April 30, 2013
- Daily Writer’s Fix: April 29-May 3 April 29, 2013
- Lesley McDaniel: It's really fun to see how knowing this about you...
- Lesley McDaniel: Thanks, Laurel! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's go...
- allison: Great post Lesley. You have forced me to evaluate...
- Laurel: Good advice for writers, and good information for ...
About Nooks & Cranberries
Photos on flickr
Find Us on Facebook
Follow @nooksandcran on Twitter